- This event has passed.
North Bend 4-week series: Collaborative Problem Solving Overview for Foster Parents
June 3, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
This is a 4-week series and registrants should plan on attending all sessions:
June 3, June 10, June 17 and June 24, 2016
FREE. Join us for these BEGINNING LEVEL classes especially designed for foster parents! Classes are taught by a Think:Kids® certified Collaborative Problem Solving Trainer and include lecture, videos, discussion, and coaching/advice.
Learn how to:
- Understand the roots of challenging behaviors in a new way
- Address the issues leading to challenging behaviors
- Tailor expectations and prioritize problems
- Use Collaborative Problem Solving to reduce challenging behaviors
- Solve shared problems in ways that work for everyone
- Apply class lessons to real life situations happening in your home
Child care will be provided by DHS.
What is Collaborative Problem Solving?
It is a way of understanding and addressing challenging behaviors in youth. It works by teaching problem solving skills to help youth navigate everyday issues with greater success. The purpose of this class is to provide you with CPS training so you can use the model with your foster youth on a daily basis.
Ready to sign up?
Please contact your DHS certifier to start the enrollment process. We will then get back to you to confirm your registration.