- This event has passed.
Beginning Collaborative Problem Solving Class
December 10, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
December 3, 2016 from 9am-3pm
FREE. Join us on Saturday December 10th for this BEGINNING LEVEL class especially designed for foster parents! Class is taught by Think:Kids® certified Collaborative Problem Solving Trainer Margaret Johnson and includes lecture, videos, discussion, and coaching/advice.
Learn how to:
- Understand the roots of challenging behaviors in a new way
- Address the issues leading to challenging behaviors
- Tailor expectations and prioritize problems
- Use Collaborative Problem Solving to reduce challenging behaviors
- Solve shared problems in ways that work for everyone
- Apply class lessons to real life situations happening in your home
Refreshments and child care will be provided.
What is Collaborative Problem Solving?
It is a way of understanding and addressing challenging behaviors in youth. It works by teaching problem solving skills to help youth navigate everyday issues with greater success. The purpose of this class is to provide you with CPS training so you can use the model with your foster youth on a daily basis.
Ready to sign up?
Please contact your DHS certifier to start the enrollment process. We will then get back to you to confirm your registration. Location of training will depend on location of the majority of enrollees.